Rear-end collisions are almost always the fault of the driver in the rear because they primarily result when this driver does not leave a safe distance between his vehicle and the one in front of him. Whether you are rear-ended at North Green Valley Parkway & E. Sunset Road, North Stephanie Street & American Pacific Drive, or another dangerous intersection in Henderson, you could suffer a serious injury. Our experienced car accident attorneys are here to help you hold the negligent driver accountable for compensating you for your injuries.
Serious Injuries Caused by Rear-End Collisions in Henderson NV
It is important to seek medical treatment following a rear-end collision even if you do not believe you were seriously injured because the symptoms for injuries caused in these types of car accidents do not always become apparent until days or longer after the wreck. However, this does not mean that the injuries are not serious or long-term. Common injuries you could suffer include:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is one of the most common injuries resulting from a rear-end collision due to the violent jerking of the head back and forth caused by the impact. Neck pain, headaches, dizziness, and limited range of motion are some of the symptoms of this medical condition. In serious cases, a person can experience symptoms for months or longer after the accident.
- Broken bones. You or a loved one could suffer broken bones in a rear-end collision even if the vehicle behind you is travelling at a slow speed.
- Traumatic brain injury. If you suffer a traumatic brain injury in a rear-end collision in Henderson, you could experience drastic changes to your vision, hearing, or mobility. In addition, your reasoning abilities, memory, and concentration could be impaired, making it impossible for you to work or take care of your day-to-day needs.
- Spinal injuries. If your spinal cord is injured in a rear-end collision, you could suffer permanent partial or complete paralysis. Other injuries that could have long-term consequences in your life include herniated disks and compression fractures.
- Facial scarring and disfigurement. You may suffer serious lacerations, burns, broken facial bones, or other injuries to your face if the airbag deploys. You may be forced to live with permanent scarring and disfigurement, which could result in you suffering long-term emotional trauma as well as the pain of your injuries.
If you or a loved one was injured in a rear-end collision in Henderson, our experienced car accident attorneys are here to fight for the compensation you deserve. To learn more about your legal options, contact us online or call our Henderson office at 702.405.6000 to schedule your free consultation today.