Slip and fall accidents often occur at the most unexpected of times. Due to the nature of these accidents, knee injuries are some of the most common resulting injuries. If you’ve suffered an injury to your knee at a business or on someone else’s property, it is essential that you seek legal guidance from an experienced attorney in order to protect your legal rights and potentially receive compensation for your injury.
Five Types of Knee Injuries After a Slip and Fall Accident
The knee is a complex joint, and as a result, it can suffer harm in a variety of ways. Several bones, tendons, and connective tissue come together in the knee and any one of them could be damaged by an unexpected slip or fall. Here are 5 of the more common knee injuries that may occur after a slip and fall accident:
- Tendinitis. The tendons are an important aspect of the knee area because they attach muscle to the bone. If a tendon becomes inflamed, torn, or injured as a result of a slip and fall accident, significant pain and suffering could result.
- Broken bones. Following some slip and fall accidents, victims may suffer from fractures to their kneecaps. This can occur when the kneecap impacts the ground or other hard surface as a result of the fall.
- Torn meniscus. The meniscus is made up of cartilage. During a slip and fall accident, the cartilage is susceptible to tearing.
- Bursitis. The bursae are small sacs of fluid located in the knee. After a slip and fall, the bursae may become inflamed and painful, resulting in a condition known as bursitis.
- Torn ACL. The anterior cruciate ligament, also known as the ACL, is a ligament that connects the thighbone to the shinbone. When a slip and fall accident occurs, the ACL can tear. This is an extremely painful and often debilitating injury.
Protect Your Rights and Secure Your Future By Hiring a Lawyer
After being injured in a slip and fall accident, it is important to seek assistance from an experienced attorney. Successfully pursuing a claim for compensation can alleviate some of the financial burden from medical bills, physical therpay and more. To learn more, we urge you to contact us online or call us directly at 866-299-0558. We proudly serve Henderson and the surrounding Las Vegas area.