A slip and fall accident can occur in any type of environment, usually under the most unexpected of circumstances. Unfortunately, the injuries that accompany these accidents can be wide-ranging and severe. If the accident victim is injured while on the property of another individual or business, it is important to contact an attorney immediately so that liability can be assigned properly. Victims may be entitled to compensation if it’s determined that their injuries were the result of the property owner’s negligence or oversight. The compensation that can be obtained often includes damages for pain and suffering. Understanding what constitutes pain and suffering is crucial to ensuring that a victim obtains all the compensation that he or she may be entitled to.
9 Examples of Pain and Suffering After a Slip and Fall Accident
You’ve likely heard the term “pain & suffering” many times before, but what exactly does it entail? This is not a comprehensive list of all possible examples, but here are 9 different ways that pain and suffering can manifest:
- Discomfort that you experience as a result of the therapy and medical treatment you receive after the accident.
- Limitations on your daily activities that result from your injuries suffered in the slip and fall accident.
- Depression that can be attributed to your slip and fall accident.
- Scarring that occurs as a result of your slip and fall accident injuries.
- Emotional suffering that you endure as a result of the accident.
- Disfigurement that results from your injuries.
- Physical pain attributed to your slip and fall injuries
- Post-traumatic stress disorder that develops as a result of your slip and fall accident.
- Limitations on your ability to perform work-related responsibilities as a result of the injury.
Our Experienced Slip and Fall Attorneys Are Standing by to Help
If you suffered an injury after a slip and fall accident, it is important to act quickly in order to protect your legal rights. If you’e severely injured, compensation from a successful claim can help alleviate the stress of the medical bills and help you get back on your feet sooner. Our attorneys are headquartered in Henderson and serve all of Las Vegas and beyond. We encourage you to contact us today at our toll free number, 866-299-0558 for more information.