If you were injured in a slip and fall or other accident while on vacation or business in Las Vegas, hopefully you are taking a first smart step and retaining a local Las Vegas attorney to represent you. Unless you have used an attorney here before for a slip and fall claim, you should interview a few attorneys before making a final determination on who to hire. This can seem impossible when you were hurt in Las Vegas but live in another city or state. Thankfully, there are easy solutions.
How to Interview an Attorney When You Live Outside of Las Vegas
If you do not live in the Las Vegas area, you do not have to travel back here to interview attorneys, although this is certainly an option. Attorneys who accommodate clients who live elsewhere will have alternative ways to schedule an initial consultation and maintain regular communication with you throughout your case. This can include the following:
- Telephone calls
- Skype or similar Internet calls
It should be a red flag in terms of hiring a lawyer if he cannot accommodate the fact that you are not local. Ideally, you want to talk to the attorney rather than just email him because this will give you a better sense of how well he communicates with you and how much you trust him.
You should prepare a list of questions to ask the attorney during your interview. Here are some questions to include:
- What types of cases do you primarily handle?
- Have you handled cases like mine before? If so, how many and what were the results?
- Will you be the attorney working on my case? If not, who will be the attorney assigned to my case? Can I meet him?
- How many cases have you taken to trial? What were their outcomes?
- How long will it take to resolve my case?
- What do you see as the strengths and weaknesses of my case?
- How will you keep me updated on the progress in my case?
- How do you prefer to communicate and how long does it take you to return calls or respond to emails?
- What investigation of my accident do you plan to conduct?
- Do you anticipate hiring any expert witnesses? If so, what type of expert and how much does he charge?
- How much will it cost me to hire you?
The experienced slip and fall attorneys at Jones Wilson Injury Lawyers are happy to represent clients outside of the Las Vegas area as well as local residents. We are committed to answering your questions and keeping you informed about your case no matter where you live. To schedule a free consultation, contact us online or call us directly at 866.299.0558. If you live outside of Las Vegas, be sure to let us know this, and we will be glad to accommodate you.