Personal injury law refers to a variety of legal theories used to hold people, property owners, and businesses liable for their negligent actions or misconduct that result in victims suffering injuries. Whether you are a resident of the Las Vegas area or are here on a business or vacation trip, there are many ways that a negligent individual’s or business’ actions can cause you to suffer injuries in an accident. Being familiar with some of the common types of personal injury claims will help you understand your legal rights if you do need to file a claim for compensation.
Common Types of Personal Injury Cases
The type of personal injury claim you will need to file will depend on what and who caused your accident. These are common types of personal injury cases:
- Car accidents. One of the most common types of personal injury claim is for injuries caused by an auto wreck. Distracted driving, speeding, and driving while intoxicated are a few of the negligent causes of accidents that seriously injure victims.
- Truck accidents. When a negligent truck driver causes a crash, the victim can suffer more catastrophic injuries or death because of the much larger size and weight of the truck. These claims can be more complicated due to the many state and federal regulations that govern truckers and trucking companies.
- Motorcycle accidents. When negligent drivers cause a motorcycle accident, the motorcycle rider only has a helmet and his clothes protecting him from the vehicle crashing into him. Because these collisions often cause disabling injuries, these claims can be more challenging and time-consuming to settle.
- Pedestrian accidents. Pedestrian accidents are frequent in the Las Vegas area given all the tourists, business travelers, and residents walking to casinos, buffets, restaurants, and shows.
- Slip and fall accidents. Another common accident that results in a victim needing to file a claim for compensation is a slip and fall accident. They can occur in many locations, such as restaurants, malls, casinos, buffets, hotels, and parking lots. Victims can suffer back and neck injuries, spinal injuries, traumatic brain injuries, and other serious injuries that can cause chronic pain, permanent disability, and limitations in day-to-day activities.
- Wrongful death actions. When an accident victim dies as a result of a vehicle accident, slip and fall accident, or other type of personal injury accident, his family may pursue a claim for compensation through a wrongful death action.
Jones Wilson Injury Lawyers Represent Local and Out-of-State Injury Victims
Our experienced personal injury attorneys are committed to representing accident victims who live in the Las Vegas area as well as those who are here visiting. We thoroughly investigate our clients’ claims and fight hard to obtain the compensation and justice they deserve. To learn how we can assist you, call our office to schedule your appointment. We are happy to accommodate you if you do not reside in Las Vegas.