If you are visiting Las Vegas on vacation or for business, you want your trip to go smoothly and to enjoy our famous casinos, shows, and other tourist attractions. However, your trip can turn into a nightmare if you are seriously injured in a slip and fall accident at a casino or in a car accident. You might wonder if you have a claim against the person or business that caused your injuries and what you should do next. After obtaining the medical care you need, hiring a local Las Vegas attorney should be your next step.
5 Reasons You Should Hire a Local Attorney
You may be tempted to wait and contact an attorney you already know in your hometown. However, as an out-of-state resident, this is not a good idea. This is why:
- Licensing. Only attorneys licensed in Nevada can practice law here and file a lawsuit on your behalf against the negligent party.
- Advantage with Insurance Adjusters. Insurance adjusters know that only Nevada attorneys can file a lawsuit for you. If your attorney is from another state, the adjuster will offer to settle your case for less, knowing that the attorney cannot do anything other than try to negotiate. In addition, an attorney from Las Vegas will know what a case like yours is really worth given other similar local cases he has settled.
- An Understanding of Local Law. A local attorney will understand the laws regarding premises liability and car accidents in Nevada, including what you have to prove to hold the negligent party liable and the time limit you have to file a lawsuit.
- Ability to Investigate Your Case. If you hire a local attorney, he will be better able to investigate your case by obtaining surveillance videos, locating and interviewing witnesses, and hiring local qualified experts who could help your case.
- Experience with Insurance Company Attorneys. A Las Vegas attorney with experience handling car accident and slip and fall cases will have likely be familiar with the attorney for the negligent party and their insurance company. This will give him a tactical advantage as he will know the amount you can realistically expect to receive in a settlement and how to exploit the attorney’s weaknesses in litigation to your advantage.
Let the Attorneys at Jones Wilson Take the Burden Off Your Shoulders
Our experienced legal team understands the extra stress and worry you are experiencing if you are an out-of-state resident who suffered injuries in a slip and fall or car accident in Las Vegas. We’re here to explain your legal options and the compensation you could be entitled to. We have extensive experience negotiating with insurance adjusters and their attorneys in these cases and will fight to get the best settlement for you. Check out our case results to learn how we’ve assisted people like you and call us at 866-299-0558 to schedule a free consultation.