If you were the victim of a car accident, you may quickly become overwhelmed by the stress of the crash, your injuries, and how to pay your bills. However, remembering the details of how the crash occurred, the treatment you received, and the pain you experience on a daily basis is important to proving your claim against the negligent driver. Given all the details and documents you will need to collect to start your claim, this can be challenging. However, it is essential if you want to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Reasons to Keep an Auto Crash Diary
Keeping a diary can be one important way you can improve the likelihood of a favorable settlement of your case. Your medical treatment could take months or longer to complete, which means it could take even longer to resolve your claim with the negligent driver’s insurance company. If you are like most people, it can be hard to remember details of what happened yesterday with the fast pace of life even when you are healthy. When your mind is not as clear due to pain, injuries, or medications you are taking, this can become even more difficult.
This is where keeping a diary can help. Key reasons you want to start a journal as soon as possible include:
- It will help you remember all the important details that will help your case later when your attorney negotiates a settlement or if you have to give a deposition or testify at your trial. This can be much easier than trying to remember these important facts months later.
- You can record the details of how the crash occurred soon after it happened when it is still fresh in your mind.
- You can also keep better track of contact information for the other driver, his insurance company, and witnesses in a journal rather than on random slips of paper.
- It will be easier to keep a record of any conversations you have with the insurance adjuster for the negligent driver and the adjuster handling the claim under your own insurance policy.
- You can document all your doctor and physical therapy appointments, your medications, and what treatments you are receiving.
- You will be able to write about the pain you are experiencing and how your life is being affected by your injuries on a daily basis—a far easier way to remember these important facts.
Have You Been Involved In A Henderson Or Las Vegas Car Accident?
If you've been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Henderson office directly at 702.405.6000 to schedule a free initial consultation.