A serious injury caused by a motor vehicle accident that wasn’t your fault can have dramatic consequences on your life. The decision to file a claim and understanding how to do it properly can be overwhelming when you are trying to recover from injuries. Call our experienced motor vehicle accident attorneys in Henderson to learn about your options for obtaining financial compensation and the steps you need to take to protect your legal rights.
How Our Skilled Legal Team in Henderson Can Assist You
At Jones Wilson Injury Lawyers, we have decades of experience fighting for the rights of motor vehicle accident victims, and we pride ourselves on giving personalized attention to all of our clients’ cases. We’re committed to aggressively fighting for the compensation you deserve. We will take over negotiating your settlement with the negligent driver’s insurance company so that you can focus on recovering from your injuries and getting your life back. We represent residents and out-of-town visitors in Henderson and throughout the Las Vegas area.
Types of Motor Vehicle Accident Cases We Handle
Our lawyers offer a free initial consultation to discuss your accident, provide you with legal advice on your right to compensation, and explain our extensive experience and record of success in motor vehicle accident cases. We handle these cases on a contingency fee basis, so you only owe us attorney fees when we win your case. We handle a variety of motor vehicle accident claims, including:
- Car accidents. You could suffer life-altering injuries in a rear-end collision, head-on crash, drunk driving accident, or other motor vehicle accident in Henderson or Las Vegas. We will investigate your accident, collect the evidence you need, and negotiate your settlement with the negligent driver’s insurance company so you receive all that you deserve.
- Truck accidents. If you are involved in a truck collision, you or your passenger could suffer catastrophic injuries or death. Filing your claim for compensation can be more complicated due to the federal regulations that may have been violated in your case and the multiple parties, in addition to the trucker and trucking company, who may be liable for compensating you.
- Motorcycle accidents. If you are riding a motorcycle, you only have your helmet and clothes to protect you in a crash, increasing the likelihood that you will suffer disabling injuries. It may not be easy to receive a fair settlement given the large value of your claim and the prejudice against motorcycle riders you may face.
- Taxi and rideshare accidents. Speeding, distracted driving, intoxication, and fatigue are a few of the common causes of taxi and rideshare accidents. Identifying the liable party and determining whether Lyft’s or Uber’s insurance company is responsible for compensating you for your injuries can be difficult unless you have the assistance of a skilled lawyer.
- Bicycle accidents. Many people like to ride bicycles in Henderson and Las Vegas as a fun form of recreation and cheap transportation. However, even if a negligent driver is traveling at a slow speed, your injuries can be catastrophic in a bike crash.
- Pedestrian accidents. Because of the large number of tourists who visit Las Vegas, pedestrian accidents are quite common. These accidents are even more tragic if an innocent child is hit by a car or truck and suffers injuries that cause permanent disabilities or prove fatal.
Five Common Causes of Motor Vehicle Accidents
The underlying cause of many car, truck, motorcycle, bike, and pedestrian accidents is the driver’s negligence. Typical ways motorists cause these crashes include:
- Distracted driving. Two of the most dangerous and widespread types of distracted driving are talking on a cellphone and texting. Eating and drinking, reading a GPS, and adjusting the radio or other instrument controls also take a driver’s eyes and mind off of driving.
- Intoxication. When a driver is intoxicated due to alcohol or drug use, reaction time, vision, judgment, and other driving skills are significantly impaired. This can lead to a tragic, preventable motor vehicle accident.
- Fatigue. Many people in Henderson and Las Vegas regularly drive when they are tired. Drowsy driving is as dangerous as drunk driving and reduces driving abilities in a similar fashion.
- Speeding. Speeding is a contributing factor in approximately one-third of car accidents in Henderson. When a motorist is driving too fast, it takes longer to slow down, and the resulting injuries are more severe due to the greater force of impact in the crash.
- Traffic violations. Accidents occur when a driver fails to obey basic driving laws. Running a red light, failing to yield, and making an unsafe lane change are a few of the ways motorists injure and kill innocent victims.
You May Be Left With Serious Injuries After an Accident in Henderson or Las Vegas
You or a family member could suffer many different types of injuries in a motor vehicle collision. While you may recover from some injuries, others can be long-term and can cause you to experience chronic pain and limit your ability to work or take care of your day-to-day needs. Common injuries you may sustain include:
- Broken and fractured bones
- Traumatic brain injury and other head injuries
- Back, neck, and spinal injuries
- Partial or complete paralysis
- Burn injuries
- Internal organ damage
Tragically, catastrophic injuries suffered in a vehicle crash could also prove to be fatal.
Compensation You Can Recover Under Nevada Law
If you can prove the at-fault driver’s negligence caused your motor vehicle wreck, you are entitled to compensation for your injuries, including both your past and future damages. Types of compensation you may be entitled to include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity if you become disabled or must make a career change due to your injuries
- Pain and suffering
- Property damages
- Punitive damages if the at-fault motorist’s actions were grossly negligent
- Wrongful death damages if a loved one was killed in the crash
Call Us for the Legal Assistance You Need
Were you or a family member seriously injured in a motor vehicle accident in Henderson or the Las Vegas area? Take advantage of our free consultation to find out the steps you should take to protect your legal rights. We can assist you in filing your claim with the negligent motorist’s insurance company. Call our office or fill out our convenient online form to schedule your free consultation today.