5 Medications That Could Help Manage Your Pain From Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome After a Slip and Fall

Henderson Personal Injury Lawyers Jones Wilson


Chronic regional pain syndrome is a relatively rare consequence of a slip and fall accident that can cause a person to suffer debilitating, chronic pain in an injured limb. This disorder can be even more frustrating for a sufferer because doctors are unsure what causes it and why some people experience it when many others do not. In addition, family members and friends may not fully understand the extent of the pain the accident victim is experiencing. While treatments can help manage the discomfort, some slip and fall accident victims are often forced to suffer with constant, crippling pain or reoccurring flare-ups of it.


Five Medications That Could Relieve Your Pain

A combination of therapies is often utilized to treat chronic regional pain syndrome, such as physical therapy, psychotherapy, and spinal cord stimulation. Medication can be essential to getting some relief from the pain. The person’s prognosis will be better the sooner treatment begins. While the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not approved any drugs specifically for chronic regional pain syndrome, doctors have found some that are useful for pain management. Some of these medications include:

Pain relievers.

For milder pain, a doctor could prescribe over-the-counter pain medications like ibuprofen (Advil and Motrin) or naproxen (Aleve).


If the pain originates from a nerve, taking an antidepressant like amitriptyline or an anticonvulsant such as gabapentin can help an accident victim reduce the pain.


Steroid medications, for example, prednisone, are powerful anti-inflammatory drugs that can help reduce pain and improve mobility in the affected limb.

Sympathetic nerveblocking drugs.

Some patients can find relief if an anesthetic designed to numb pain is injected near the irritated nerves.

Intravenous ketamine.

Low doses of intravenous ketamine have been shown to reduce some people’s pain, but it has not improved their mobility.

Have You Been Injured In A Henderson Slip and Fall Accident?

If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall you need to speak with an experienced slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Henderson office directly at 702.405.6000 to schedule a free consultation with our slip and fall attorneys.

Why Work with us?

Finding the right lawyer to represent your injury case can be extremely frustrating. However, with 35 years worth of experience and insider knowledge of how insurance companies work, the Jones Wilson law firm stands out from the crowd. Other attorneys pick and choose their clients based on case notoriety, but we’re here to help you, no matter how large or small your case.
Call (702) 405-6000

Schedule a Free Consultation Today! No Fee Until We Win!