Henderson Bicycle Accident Attorneys
With our year-round warm weather and miles of designated lanes and paths, bicycle riding is very popular for both residents and out-of-town visitors in Henderson. Unfortunately, this healthy and economical mode of transportation can also be dangerous. When drivers fail to recognize cyclists and give them the space they need, riders are at risk of suffering life-altering injuries or death in a crash.
Were you injured in a bicycle accident? The experienced bicycle accident lawyers at Jones Wilson are here to aggressively fight for the compensation you deserve from the negligent driver who caused your crash.
Nevada Bicycle Laws That Motorists Often Ignore
- Cars must yield the right-of-way to bike riders at intersections.
- When passing a bicycle, cars must move into an adjacent left lane or allow three feet of clearance between the bike and their vehicles.
- Cars are not allowed in bike lanes unless they are making a turn.
- Parking in bike lanes is prohibited.
- Drivers must use special care around inexperienced bicycle riders such as children.
- “Dooring” accidents caused by drivers or passengers failing to check for bike riders before opening their doors
- Sideswipe crashes caused by passing drivers not moving into the adjacent lane or giving a cyclist the required three feet of clearance
- Rear-end collisions at stop signs and intersections when drivers fail to maintain a safe distance behind a bicycle and cannot slow down or stop in time
- Collisions caused by drivers failing to pay attention when exiting an alley, driveway, or parking lot
- Crashes caused by drivers failing to check blind spots for bicycle riders before making a right turn
Serious Injuries Riders Suffer in Crashes With Cars
The only protection cyclists have in a crash are their clothes and helmets. As a result, bike riders are much more likely to suffer catastrophic injuries if struck by a much larger and heavier motor vehicle or truck. Common injuries that occur as a result of these wrecks include traumatic brain injury, skull fractures, concussions, and other brain injuries.
Internal bleeding and internal organ damage, which can be life-threatening
What an Experienced Bicycle Accident Attorney Can Do for You
Unfortunately, even if the driver’s negligence in causing your accident is clear-cut, their insurance company could fight to deny your claim or to pay you less than you deserve. Retaining a skilled lawyer as soon as possible after your bicycle accident is essential to protecting your legal rights. Here are some important steps an experienced attorney can take for you after a bicycle accident in Henderson area:
Investigate Your Crash
Your attorney will conduct an extensive investigation of the cause of your bike accident. He will also collect the evidence you need to prove the other driver’s negligence in causing it and the damages you should receive.
Value Your Claim
Under Nevada law, you are entitled to be compensated for your past and future medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. An attorney can accurately determine how much your claim is worth.
Negotiate Your Settlement
A lawyer who has experience settling these cases will understand the bad faith tactics the insurance company may use to try to deny or reduce your claim. An experienced bicycle accident attorney will have strategies to defeat the insurance adjuster’s arguments and negotiate your settlement so you obtain the maximum recovery to which you are entitled.
Litigate Your Case
If the insurance company refuses to offer you a fair settlement, your lawyer will file a lawsuit against the negligent motorist and litigate your case.
Have You Been Injured In A Henderson Area Bike Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a bike accident you need to speak with an experienced bicycle accident injury attorney as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Henderson office directly at 702.405.6000 to schedule a free consultation with our bicycle accident attorneys.
Come visit us at our Henderson office Location
Jones Wilson Injury Lawyers is located at 1522 W Warm Springs Rd Suite 100, Henderson, Nevada. From Harry Reid International Airport(LAS) head northwest on E Russell Rd toward Landing Strip Ave. Use the left lane to turn left onto Landing Strip Ave and then turn left onto Spencer St. Turn left at the 1st cross street onto Joel Aller Dr and then turn right onto Surrey St. Turn left onto E Patrick Ln and then turn right onto S Eastern Ave. Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto E Warm Springs Rd, pass by Starbucks (on the right in 1.9 mi), make a U-turn and Jones Wilson Injury Lawyers will be on the right.
We are open from Monday through Sunday, 24 hours a day. For additional questions, call us at (702) 405-6000 or you can find us at Yelp!.