At some point or another, driving in the rain is inevitable for anyone who takes to the roadways. Unfortunately, wet road conditions can significantly increase the likelihood of a car accident. There are several reasons why rain and wet weather make it more risky to operate a vehicle. Motorists must understand these risks in order to respond appropriately and stay safe.
Rain Contributes To Las Vegas Car Accident Injuries for Many Reasons
How does the rain impact the likelihood of a car accident? The following are 10 examples:
- Wet road conditions can reduce the amount of friction between the road and the vehicle. This impacts the driver’s ability to maintain control over the car.
- When it is raining, it may be more difficult for the driver to see in front and to the side of the vehicle.
- The wetter the road conditions, the greater the amount of lane obstruction that may exist on the roadway.
- Rain can cause the lanes on the road to become submerged under water, increasing the chance of a vehicle becoming out of control.
- Rain may make it less likely that a particular road can handle the number of vehicles that are traveling on it at one time.
- Rain can cause the speed of traffic to slow or stop unexpectedly.
- Wet road conditions can cause a driver to over- or under-react while driving, increasing the chance of an accident.
- Wet road conditions can make it more difficult for drivers to time traffic signals appropriately.
- Driving in the rain can make it more difficult for a driver to take evasive measures to avoid a crash.
- Driving in the rain can make it more difficult for a driver to control their speed.
Have You Been Involved In A Henderson Or Las Vegas Car Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Henderson office directly at 702.405.6000 to schedule a free initial consultation.