Suffering an injury as a result of a car accident is never a pleasant experience. Unfortunately, the effects of the accident may be made even worse depending on the severity of your injuries and property loss. If the other driver caused the accident, he or she may be liable for these damages. Sleep deprivation is sometimes the prime factor behind the cause of the car accident.
6 Ways Sleep Deprivation May Have Caused Your Car Accident
How does sleep deprivation contribute to the cause of a car accident? If the other driver was sleep deprived, he or she may have:
- Been more susceptible to feelings of stress, irritability, and aggressiveness, each of which can affect driving behavior.
- Had impaired judgment, making it more likely to drive faster than intended.
- Had impaired reaction times.
- Been less able to process and remember information.
- Had decreased visibility.
- Felt less motivated to practice vigilance while driving.
Proving that the other driver caused your accident may require specific types of evidence. Examples of the types of evidence that you may need to acquire include:
- A copy of the police officer’s report from the accident showing a lack of signs of skid marks or other indications that the other driver was drowsy.
- Records from the driver’s workplace showing that he or she had recently completed a long shift, an overnight shift, or had worked many consecutive hours over the course of a short timeframe.
- Testimony from co-workers or classmates who were with the driver before the accident confirming that the driver was fatigued.
- Testimony from other drivers or passengers indicating the driver was swerving or displaying other driving behavior that supports a claim that the driver was tired at the time of the crash.
Have You Been Involved In A Henderson Or Las Vegas Car Accident?
If you’ve been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Henderson office directly at 702.405.6000 to schedule a free initial consultation.