Cory M. Jones
Connect with me
Representing injured victims throughout Henderson and the surrounding Las Vegas area since 1993.

Henderson Personal Injury Lawyers Jones WilsonEven though Nevada law requires all motorists to have automobile insurance, many motorists drive without having it. If you are injured in a car accident with one of these drivers, you might feel hopeless about obtaining compensation for your mounting medical bills, the wages you lost while you recovered, and your pain and suffering. However, you could still have options for obtaining the recovery you are entitled to.

Four Sources of Compensation You Might Not Know About

Under Nevada law, all motorists are required to have liability insurance of at least $15,000 per accident if one person is hurt, $30,000 if more than one person is injured, and $10,000 for property damage. Even if the driver who hit you had the required insurance, it could be too little to fully compensate you. Here are ways you could obtain compensation if the person had no insurance or was underinsured:

Your collision coverage.

If the other driver has no insurance, your own collision coverage should cover the damage to your vehicle. However, you will need to pay the deductible.

Uninsured motorist coverage.

When you purchased your automobile insurance policy, you had the option to add uninsured motorist coverage, which hopefully you took advantage of. If you have this, it could pay for your and your passenger’s injuries if the other driver had no insurance.

Underinsured motorist coverage.

This is usually sold as a package with uninsured motorist coverage. This would be another way to obtain compensation if the driver had insurance, but it was not sufficient to cover your injuries.

Negligent driver.

You could still sue the driver who hit you if he had no insurance. Unfortunately, you may have difficulty collecting the money he is ordered to pay if he is unemployed, has a low-paying job, or has few assets.


Have You Been Involved In A Henderson Or Las Vegas Car Accident?

If you've been injured in a car accident you need to speak with an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. Contact us online or call our Henderson office directly at 702.405.6000 to schedule a free initial consultation.

Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment