Types of Homeowner’s Insurance Coverage That Could Compensate You After a Fall At Someone’s Home

If you were injured in a slip and fall accident at a family member’s, friend’s, or neighbor’s home, you may be worried about where to obtain compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and emotional trauma. After all, the homeowner may not have sufficient income or assets to pay them himself. Fortunately, you may be able to make a claim with his homeowner’s insurance company.

Homeowner Insurance Coverage That Could Cover Your Claim

Many of these claims involve people slipping or tripping on stairs, rugs, carpets, floor, sidewalks, or ice. In order to obtain compensation under a homeowner’s insurance policy, you will need to prove that the homeowner’s negligence caused your fall. Assuming he is liable, you will need to determine whether he has homeowner’s insurance and whether it covers your accident.

Fortunately, most homeowners have homeowner’s insurance, and many of these policies cover slip and fall accidents. Two types of coverage that could provide you with compensation include:

Medical coverage.

This is a no-fault coverage that is sometimes referred to as “no-fault medical coverage.” The policy limit is usually limited – only about $10,000. However, it could pay some of your medical bills without you needing to show the property owner’s negligence.

Liability coverage.

This will cover your damages if the homeowner was at fault in causing your fall. Policy limits can be $100,000 or more, depending on if the homeowner purchased additional coverage.

What Happens If the Homeowner Does Not Want to Make a Claim?

You will want to make a claim with the homeowner’s insurance company as soon as possible after your fall. Otherwise, the adjuster may be more likely to question the legitimacy of your claim – which he would probably do for other reasons anyway.

However, the homeowner may be reluctant to provide you with the name and contact information for his insurance company because he is worried about his insurance premiums going up. Can you make him give you this information? Fortunately, you can.

Our Attorneys Will Handle the Insurance Company and Your Claim

If the homeowner refuses to give you his insurance company information, you should contact an experienced slip and fall accident attorney immediately – which you should do anyway to not make an inadvertent mistake that reduces your settlement. He can write a demand letter to the property owner and sue if necessary to obtain this vital information.

Have You Been Injured In A Henderson Slip and Fall Accident?

If you’ve been injured in a slip and fall you need to speak with an experienced slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Henderson office directly at 702.405.6000 to schedule a free consultation with our slip and fall attorneys.

Contact Jones Wilson Injury Lawyers

When you need a personal injury case handled, our team at Jones Wilson Injury Lawyers is always ready to help. We know how to navigate the Nevada legal system as far as such cases go.

Please Call Me