Slip and fall accidents happen suddenly and unexpectedly, and as a result can often result in injury. Knee injuries are not uncommon, but injuries to your back, hips, or even head can result from a fall as well. Regardless of the type or severity of your injury, you must seek medical treatment in order to obtain a proper diagnosis and treatment plan. However, if you were injured on someone else’s property or while at a business, you may also be pressured to accept a quick settlement that will alleviate the other party of any responsibility. While the fast and easy settlement may be tempting (especially as your medical bills start to come in), settling too quickly may prove to be a costly mistake.
Five Reasons Not to Settle Quickly After a Slip and Fall Accident
While we certainly understand the desire to settle your accident claim quickly, doing so could result in receiving less money than you are truly entitled to. This could also lead to you losing the ability to obtain full compensation for the total cost of your treatment and other expenses relating to your injury. Here are five important reasons not to accept a quick settlement after an injury caused by a slip and fall:
- In the immediate aftermath of your accident you may not yet be aware of your total injuries.
- It may take a while after the accident in order to fully grasp the severity of your injury and the likely duration of your treatment.
- At the time of the accident, you may not be able to fully anticipate the mental and emotional strain that the injury will take on your personal and family life.
- Immediately following the fall it may be impossible to tell whether you will be left with permanent scarring or disabilities.
- It may take some time to properly identify all of the parties responsible.
Have You Been Injured In A Henderson Slip and Fall Accident?
If you've been injured in a slip and fall you need to speak with an experienced slip and fall lawyer as soon as possible. Please contact us online or call our Henderson office directly at 702.405.6000 to schedule a free consultation with our slip and fall attorneys.